One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that new found point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBS-KC staff is 6 years. BBBS-KC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBS-KC offers competitive pay and benefits for full time employees.
The Marketing and Design Assistant will be an active part of the Marketing team in supporting all departments including the BBBS Donation Center, Program, Development, Events and Recruitment. He/she will help create invitations, email and print marketing campaigns, promotional pieces, assist with signage and graphic design needs and assist with other marketing projects as assigned.
- Work with the Creative Director to come up with a design plan for projects
- Assist in expanding Donation Center marketing materials and branding
- Enhance marketing materials for other departments
- Update signage and event material to meet the branding guidelines
- Edit final designs for approval by department
- Prepare materials to go to print
- Organize and Assist at photo and video shoots
- Help photograph smaller agency events
- Create graphics for social media and email marketing
- Provide overall marketing support to each department
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
(minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications
Qualifications & Skills:
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
• One-three years experience in graphic design, communications or marketing.
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite on a Macintosh platform.
• Photography and videography experience a plus.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time and work on tight deadlines.
• Willingness and desire to stay on top of advancing trends.
• All employees will be able to interact productively and supportively with other departments and individuals within the organization as well as externally, with a creative, practical, and flexible approach to problem solving.
• All employees should have a deep understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
• All employees will have the ability to develop new relationships and cultivate existing relationships.
• All employees will exhibit superior written and verbal communication skills.
• All employees will be professional, innovative, and energetic and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
• All employees will be willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
• All employees will complete a background check prior to employment.
• If required by job duties, all employees will be able to travel to multiple locations throughout the day.
• All employees will have a comprehensive understanding of the mission of BBBS and a display a passion for fulfilling this mission.
• All employees will adhere to the agency’s beliefs and values in all job-related activities.
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and work samples to Creative Director, Adam Kaleikau at email@example.com.