Ambassadors of potential scholarship program
Up to $10,000 in scholarship funding will be awarded to Littles seeking a degree at an institution for higher education.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a Little in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City program
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to the BBBS program
- Applicants must be a senior in high school, currently enrolled in higher education, or seeking to re-enroll in higher education
Applications are due by Friday, May 20th.
To submit an application, students must complete the general application, write a personal essay and BBBS testimony, provide a reference letter from their Big, and upload a current copy of their transcripts.
1. Personal Essay: Please write a short essay (approximately 500 words) describing your college and career goals. In your essay, please explain how the Ambassadors of Potential Scholarship will help you reach your goals.
2. BBBS Testimony: Please write a short essay (approximately 500 words) explaining what your match means to you. In your essay, please describe how your Big has helped you reach your goals.
3. Big Reference: Have your Big write a reference letter using the following as a guide: The BBBS Ambassadors of Potential Scholarship Program funded by the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas City Ambassadors will award up to $10,000 in scholarship funding to a BBBS Littles seeking a degree in higher education. Please write a reference letter for this applicant explaining why you believe this student is highly qualified and deserving to receive scholarship funding from the BBBS Ambassadors of Potential Scholarship Program.
4. Transcripts: Please have a digital copy of your most recent academic transcripts from high school and higher education (if applicable). The transcripts can be an unofficial copy. Please ask your match support specialist if you have questions about this step.
We strongly recommend that you complete and collect all four of these before beginning your application. Review the form below and make sure you have everything you need before you start filling out the application.
Questions? Contact Riley Hundley at [email protected].
High School Information