PGOTR - Case Manager Reference
Project: Girls on the Rise — Case Manager Reference
For the 2019-2020 school year, five college-bound Little Sisters will be selected to receive up to $1,000 each to fund college visits during their senior year of high school.
Project: Girls on the Rise (PGOTR) is a 1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF) program launched in 2016 in partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City to help high potential high school women in need reach their college dreams. In 2018, PGOTR expanded to four additional cities, serving college-bound young women selected by partnering BBBS agencies. The 1,000 Dreams Fund provides $1,000 microgrants to participating students to help fund those critical college visits and college-bound costs so young women with bright minds and bright futures can find that perfect school and thrive. In total, over 30 young women have visited over 15 states to find their best-fit school.
PGOTR students are required to:
- Attend 2-3 virtual workshops/video conference calls during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Complete an online interview and provide a headshot to the 1,000 Dreams Fund.
- Provide receipts to the 1DF after college visits when PGOTR funds are used.
- Complete follow-up interviews with the 1DF about college visit experiences and future plans.
- Complete a Student Agreement Form and sign a 1DF media release form.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a Little in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City program.
- Applicants must be a senior in high school during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Applicants must be college-bound and plan to attend a higher education institution in Fall 2020.
Applications are due by May 31.
To apply, students must complete an application and write a personal essay. Students must also have their Big Sister and their BBBS Case Manager fill out a reference form about them. (Links to references provided below.)
Personal Essay: The Little will write a short essay (approximately 500 words) describing their college and career goals, and explaining how funding from Project: Girls on the Rise will help them go on college visits and reach their goals.
Big Reference: The Big will fill out an online form to provide a reference for their Little.
BBBS Case Manager Reference: This is the form below. You, the case manager, will fill out this form to provide a reference for the Little. (Looking for the application instead? Click here)
Student application & essay, Big Sister reference, and Case Manager reference must all be submitted by May 31 to be considered as a 2019-2020 Girl on the Rise!
Questions? Contact Meryl Dillman at firstname.lastname@example.org.