The Big Impact Group
About: Launched in 2009, the Big Impact Group (B.I.G.) was created to get young professionals in Kansas City involved in expanding awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City. Along with creating awareness, B.I.G. is responsible for recruiting volunteer mentors and raising funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters. The group holds regular events throughout the year that are focused on fundraising, networking and professional development.
Mission: To create an invested, involved group of young professionals who will support, fundraise for and raise awareness of the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City.
B.I.G. membership will be capped at 40 members and each B.I.G. member will be asked to complete an application and commit to the following expectations:
- Raise $2,500 annually for BBBSKC (this can be done in several ways including but not limited to: Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraising, Match Makers monthly donation, referred Match Makers, Event sponsorships, etc.)
- Make two introductions to the BBBS team (intros can be individuals who want to donate/be a bigs, lunch and learn, and companies that want to get more involved etc.)
- Attend 80% of B.I.G. meetings. individual task force meetings, and half-day retreat (Jan 11). Communicate with BBBS Staff Leader or President if you are unable to attend a meeting.
- Join a team for March Matchness -or- help fill a half a table for Match Maker Breakfast
- Captain a BFKS team, recruit an additional team, and volunteer at 2 scheduled BFKS Sessions
- Serve as rooftop hosts for RISE—August 24th
- Host Annual Impact Event to raise funds for BBBSKC and MWA/BIG Honoree
BIG Task Force Committees (Choose 1 of the following)
Development Task Force
- Giving Tuesday
Recruitment Task Force
- 90 Men in 90 Days
- Big Thankful/Recruitment Event
Special Events Task Force:
- Annual Impact Event
- Holiday Party