BECOME A PART OF OUR TEAM
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Scroll down to see our current openings!
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology. Every day, We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBSKC staff is 6 years. BBBSKC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBSKC offers competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees.
We value overall wellness and offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Generous paid annual leave policy with up to 4 weeks of paid time off per year, plus an additional 15 days of medical leave
- 10 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday and an additional day off for community service to assist another non-profit organization (alternate religious holiday substitutions available)
- Additional leave provided for: bereavement, victim of crime, jury duty, emergency worker leave, time off to vote, etc.
- Additional paid time off the week of Labor Day and Christmas through New Year’s Day to recharge and celebrate hitting agency goals
- Up to 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Employees can choose from 3 different health insurance plans for costs as low as $25/month. Medical, Dental, and other benefits also provided
- Employees that participate in Humana’s Go365 can earn free health insurance through rewards and incentives
- Life insurance, long-term disability and AD&D insurance provided for all staff at no cost to employees
- 401-K plan with company match
- Hybrid work model providing employees with maximum flexibility to work where they work best
- BBBS provides each employee with a 100% cloud based system along with home-office equipment: desk, dual monitors, docking station, keyboard, mouse and tablet
- Casual work environment in the office with open door communication
- Flexibility to work from home during inclement weather
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program to support emotional wellness, caregiving support, convenience and legal services provided at no cost to employees
- Opportunities for professional development including but not limited to: workshops, trainings, webinars, certifications, licensing, mentoring, etc.
- Regular team bonding days
- Culture that celebrates wins by awarding a paid week off when the agency exceeds goals
- Mileage reimbursement at the IRS rate for work-related travel
- Reimbursable allowance for ride share or public transportation from a BBBSKC event where alcohol is served
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK AT BBBSKC
Match Support Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Match Support and Quality Assurance, the Match Support Specialist is a full-time, exempt position that is responsible for providing match support to all their assigned matches. In this position, the Match Support Specialist will support a caseload of an average of 80 matches and may work with Littles as young as second grade through high school graduation and beyond. A Senior Match Support Specialist may be asked to take on additional matches and or special projects/duties.
The main role is to build a relationship with the Big, Little and Parent to ensure the best quality support for all parties; this is done by providing coaching, encouragement, and advice to matches via phone, email, and/or in person. The Match Support Specialist is responsible for thoroughly documenting match support conversations in the BBBS information management system (Matchforce), providing community resources when needed, and offering match activity and outing ideas.
While a majority of the role is done via phone and/or email there are some required in-person interactions such as Match Meet Ups, where the Match Support Specialist meets up with the match in person at least once to help in building a stronger rapport between the Match Support Specialist and the match. While this is currently a hybrid work position, this is subject to change and in addition to regular office hours, this position requires some evening and weekend availability to accommodate the schedules of the Parent/Guardian, Little and Big. When working from home the Match Support Specialist is to remain available and responsive during business hours.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide all monthly and quarterly check ins for existing matches.
- Document all monthly and quarterly check-ins thoroughly in Matchforce within the required time frame
- Travel within the Greater KC area to conduct Match Meet Ups
- Participate in match transfer meetings with the Enrollment team
- Attend match activities and waiting littles activities as required and/or as needed
- Attend required trainings for child safety and Match Support best practices
- Participate in required department, team and agency meetings and events
- Perform required annual, national surveys (SOR, YOS/COS)
- Create, update and document match goals, as needed (YODP goals)
- Complete match closures and required documents for match closures
- Attend required Program related and agency events.
- All other duties as assigned to help move the mission forward
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who demonstrates a willingness to take on new tasks with a general attitude that no task is too small, impossible or cannot be improved. The position requires the ability to work autonomously, with outstanding customer service, and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to clearly communicate through both written and verbal communication and be able to work under competing demands with minimal supervision while being accountable to individual and team metrics.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or Associate’s Degree and two years of relevant work experience, or high school diploma/GED equivalent and four years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with youth is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
- Shown experience in providing advice and coaching to both adults and youth
- A familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- All applicants must submit to and pass a background check
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, access to our Trauma-Informed Care Specialist, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow. We offer an employee wellness program and professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
$40,000 per year
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Click here to learn more about our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) work, commitments, and JEDI annual report.