BECOME A PART OF OUR TEAM
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Scroll down to see our current openings!
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology. Every day, We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBSKC staff is 6 years. BBBSKC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBSKC offers competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees.
We value overall wellness and offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Generous paid annual leave policy with up to 4 weeks of paid time off per year, plus an additional 15 days of medical leave
- 10 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday and an additional day off for community service to assist another non-profit organization (alternate religious holiday substitutions available)
- Additional leave provided for: bereavement, victim of crime, jury duty, emergency worker leave, time off to vote, etc.
- Additional paid time off the week of Labor Day and Christmas through New Year’s Day to recharge and celebrate hitting agency goals
- Up to 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Employees can choose from 3 different health insurance plans for costs as low as $25/month. Medical, Dental, and other benefits also provided
- Employees that participate in Humana’s Go365 can earn free health insurance through rewards and incentives
- Life insurance, long-term disability and AD&D insurance provided for all staff at no cost to employees
- 401-K plan with company match
- Hybrid work model providing employees with maximum flexibility to work where they work best
- BBBS provides each employee with a 100% cloud based system along with home-office equipment: desk, dual monitors, docking station, keyboard, mouse and tablet
- Casual work environment in the office with open door communication
- Gym Reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Flexibility to work from home during inclement weather
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program to support emotional wellness, caregiving support, convenience and legal services provided at no cost to employees
- Opportunities for professional development including but not limited to: workshops, trainings, webinars, certifications, licensing, mentoring, etc.
- Regular team bonding days
- Culture that celebrates wins by awarding a paid week off when the agency exceeds goals
- Mileage reimbursement at the IRS rate for work-related travel
- Cell Phone allowance of $15/month to compensate for work related cell phone use
- Reimbursable allowance for ride share or public transportation from a BBBSKC event where alcohol is served
Scroll down to see our current openings!
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK AT BBBSKC
DONATION CENTER DRIVER ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Thrift Operations Director, the Donation Center Driving Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position that will work directly with our Donation Center Drivers to load and unload donation bins from across the Kansas City Metro area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Donation Center Drivers with emptying bins at various locations across Kansas and Missouri.
- Load product into truck/trailer.
- Unload product out of truck.
- Construct gaylords.
- Sort product.
- Effectively communicate with Supervisors on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift 35 lbs repeatedly.
- Able to be in prolonged hot and/or cold weather.
- Kneeling, squatting, crawling, and stooping.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling.
Our ideal candidate would be extremely dependable, responsible, punctual, honest and have the highest integrity. The position requires the ability to have flexibility to meet changing time and demands of the job. Candidates must be able to adhere to all safety procedures. Candidates should be prepared and flexible to perform associated and related job functions that are not specifically identified. Candidate should be a team player and willing to assist our full team of Donation Center Drivers.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to obtain a Class E license upon hire
- Required to pass a background check and drug test
- CDL or previous commercial driving experience a plus
- Reliable transportation to and from work required
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City (BBBSKC) believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential parts of our mission to defend, ignite and empower potential for youth in our community.
- We pledge to embrace true representation in our brand, diversity of people and perspectives, and inclusion in all areas of our organization so we can make a generational impact on our community through life-changing friendships.
- We value DEI by incorporating it into who we are, our core belief patterns, our daily work, our strategic goals, our support and training programs and through the leadership of the agency. We welcome, encourage and desire diverse candidates for all of our job openings.
$36,000 annual salary plus overtime and benefits
Schedule could vary slightly daily/weekly, but on average availability between 7AM – 5PM Monday – Friday, no weekends.
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
Effective September 13th, 2021, BBBS requires all new hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Prospective employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). BBBS will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause BBBS undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.