BECOME A PART OF OUR TEAM
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Scroll down to see our current openings!
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology. Every day, We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBSKC staff is 6 years. BBBSKC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBSKC offers competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees.
We value overall wellness and offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Generous paid annual leave policy with up to 4 weeks of paid time off per year, plus an additional 15 days of medical leave
- 10 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday and an additional day off for community service to assist another non-profit organization (alternate religious holiday substitutions available)
- Additional leave provided for: bereavement, victim of crime, jury duty, emergency worker leave, time off to vote, etc.
- Additional paid time off the week of Labor Day and Christmas through New Year’s Day to recharge and celebrate hitting agency goals
- Up to 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Employees can choose from 3 different health insurance plans for costs as low as $25/month. Medical, Dental, and other benefits also provided
- Employees that participate in Humana’s Go365 can earn free health insurance through rewards and incentives
- Life insurance, long-term disability and AD&D insurance provided for all staff at no cost to employees
- 401-K plan with company match
- Hybrid work model providing employees with maximum flexibility to work where they work best
- BBBS provides each employee with a 100% cloud based system along with home-office equipment: desk, dual monitors, docking station, keyboard, mouse and tablet
- Casual work environment in the office with open door communication
- Flexibility to work from home during inclement weather
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program to support emotional wellness, caregiving support, convenience and legal services provided at no cost to employees
- Opportunities for professional development including but not limited to: workshops, trainings, webinars, certifications, licensing, mentoring, etc.
- Regular team bonding days
- Culture that celebrates wins by awarding a paid week off when the agency exceeds goals
- Mileage reimbursement at the IRS rate for work-related travel
- Reimbursable allowance for ride share or public transportation from a BBBSKC event where alcohol is served
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK AT BBBSKC
Enrollment & Matching Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment and Matching, the Enrollment and Matching Specialist is a full-time, exempt position responsible for enrolling children (Littles) and volunteers (Bigs) into the program, which consists of conducting in-home interview for both Littles and Bigs throughout the greater Kansas City area. Additionally, the EMS will facilitate new match introduction meetings in the home of the child. This is a fast-paced position that requires flexibility in scheduling to accommodate the schedules of the Parent/Guardians of the Littles as well as the Big. On average this position requires 3 to 4 evenings per week and/or weekend day.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to meet monthly individual goals around matches made, children and volunteers processed, and 2-week match contacts completed.
- Travel where assigned, typically throughout the Greater KC area (covers 6 counties), to complete home visits with potential Bigs and Littles & Parents/Guardians
- Complete detailed assessments of each child and volunteer enrolled.
- Schedule and facilitate Match Introduction Meetings, which will take place at the child’s home.
- Ensure all match parties are aware of the upcoming transfer to the Match Support Team and complete notes detailing each match.
- Attend Family Advisory Board (FAB) and waiting littles’ events as needed
- Participate in required department and agency meetings and events.
- Evening and weekend time will be required to accommodate our families and volunteers’ schedules.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who demonstrates a passion for our mission. They will be able to work under competing demands, with minimal supervision, and be accountable for individual and team metrics and goals. The position requires the ability to work autonomously, with outstanding customer service, and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to clearly communicate through both written and verbal communication.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or Associate’s Degree and two years of relevant work experience, or high school diploma/GED equivalent and four years of relevant work experience
- A valid driver’s license, and an insured vehicle
- Experience in providing advice, coaching and/or working with both adults and youth strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
- A familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- All applicants must submit to and pass a background check
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, access to our Trauma-Informed Care Specialist, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow, and we offer professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City (BBBSKC) believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential parts of our mission to defend, ignite and empower potential for youth in our community.
- We pledge to embrace true representation in our brand, diversity of people and perspectives, and inclusion in all areas of our organization so we can make a generational impact on our community through life-changing friendships.
- We value DEI by incorporating it into who we are, our core belief patterns, our daily work, our strategic goals, our support and training programs and through the leadership of the agency. We welcome, encourage and desire diverse candidates for all of our job openings.
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Click here to learn more about our Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) work, commitments, and JEDI annual report.