BECOME A PART OF OUR TEAM
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Scroll down to see our current openings!
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology. Every day, We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBSKC staff is 6 years. BBBSKC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBSKC offers competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees.
We value overall wellness and offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Generous paid annual leave policy with up to 4 weeks of paid time off per year, plus an additional 15 days of medical leave
- 10 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday and an additional day off for community service to assist another non-profit organization (alternate religious holiday substitutions available)
- Additional leave provided for: bereavement, victim of crime, jury duty, emergency worker leave, time off to vote, etc.
- Additional paid time off the week of Labor Day and Christmas through New Year’s Day to recharge and celebrate hitting agency goals
- Up to 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Employees can choose from 3 different health insurance plans for costs as low as $25/month. Medical, Dental, and other benefits also provided
- Employees that participate in Humana’s Go365 can earn free health insurance through rewards and incentives
- Life insurance, long-term disability and AD&D insurance provided for all staff at no cost to employees
- 401-K plan with company match
- Hybrid work model providing employees with maximum flexibility to work where they work best
- BBBS provides each employee with a 100% cloud based system along with home-office equipment: desk, dual monitors, docking station, keyboard, mouse and tablet
- Casual work environment in the office with open door communication
- Gym Reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Flexibility to work from home during inclement weather
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program to support emotional wellness, caregiving support, convenience and legal services provided at no cost to employees
- Opportunities for professional development including but not limited to: workshops, trainings, webinars, certifications, licensing, mentoring, etc.
- Regular team bonding days
- Culture that celebrates wins by awarding a paid week off when the agency exceeds goals
- Mileage reimbursement at the IRS rate for work-related travel
- Cell Phone allowance of $15/month to compensate for work related cell phone use
- Reimbursable allowance for ride share or public transportation from a BBBSKC event where alcohol is served
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK AT BBBSKC
Executive Assistant to Fundraising
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and assisting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant to Fundraising (EAF) is a new role at BBBSKC that will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to ensure efficiency and over-the-top customer service both internally and externally. This well-organized, detailed person is someone who believes deeply in the BBBS mission, is a strong communicator, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and is exceptional at managing time and prioritizing tasks. The EAF will also work closely with other members of the Fundraising team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Day-to-Day Executive Assistance:
- Manage executive’s daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, writing itineraries, and arranging for transportation
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of executives
- Organize, research, and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents, attending to the logistics of meetings, and sending information to those attending
- Enter notes into Salesforce to capture relevant updates and interactions as provided by executives
- Answer and respond to phone calls, communicate messages and information
- Prioritize emails and respond directly when necessary
- Other needs as assigned: credit card receipt management, booking reservations, order food for meetings, etc.
Board Liaison and Fundraising Tracking
- Communicate with the fundraising team to oversee tracking in Salesforce for each individual board member’s fundraising efforts
- Create and send quarterly update emails to track progress toward goals for each board member
- Prepare pre-meeting documents to send prior to board meeting
- Attend board meetings and take board minutes
Database Management (Salesforce)
- Responsible for entering data into Salesforce, including general maintenance of data, plans and moves- management documentation, reporting, attending software trainings for updates, etc.
- Prepare regular weekly/monthly fundraising reports
- Communicate and assist with Match Makers (monthly donors) to sign up, trouble shoot account questions, recapture lapsed credit card information, cancel membership, etc.
- Work in partnership with other BBBS team members to ensure data is properly classified and that all information going into the database is consistent and accurate
- Manage and maintain donor information and communications in a confidential and professional manner; ensure donation information is input into Salesforce in an accurate, timely fashion.
- Offer support and training to other Salesforce users to ensure understanding of donor and campaign data
- Review data for discrepancies, request clarification, initiate corrections/adjustments, and advise supervisor of issues related to data and perform data verification/error trapping routines
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who demonstrates a willingness to take on new tasks with a general attitude that no task is too small or impossible, and can represent the agency in a professional, enthusiastic and ethical manner. The position requires the ability to work autonomously at times while also being able to work well in a team. The ideal candidate will be reliable, takes initiative and is flexible with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. Ideal candidates will have strong communication skills and will be able to speak professionally and respectfully with high-level donors and supporters.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. They must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to prioritize tasks, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. They must be open to working some nights and weekends throughout the year.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience with a CRM required
- Previous experience supporting a nonprofit or corporate C-suite executive is required
- Great verbal and written communication are necessary
- Knowledge of computers and software is needed (specifically MS Office – with demonstrated skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong focus on a high level of customer service and responsiveness with excellent oral and written communication skills must be demonstrated
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and the ability to prioritize tasks must be demonstrated through previous experience
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow. We offer an employee wellness program and professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include two rooftop party decks) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events throughout the year.
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.