Third Party Event Information and Application
Events can be a great way to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. If you are interested in hosting an event to benefit us please read through the following guidelines and fill out an event application. We will review your application and get back to you shortly. Thanks for your interest in helping Big Brothers Big Sisters!
1. All events must be approved in advance by the Special Events Staff at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City. The Third Party Fundraising application must be completed by the organizer of the event and approved by a BBBS employee at least 60 days prior to the event.
2. Event promotion in which “Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City" or “Big Brothers Big Sisters” name and/or logo are used (print, broadcast, online, giveaways, etc.) must be approved by the Special Events Staff at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City before distribution to the public.
3. “Big Brothers Big Sisters” or “Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City” cannot be used in the title of the event, but may be listed as the beneficiary of the event.
4. Please advise the Special Events Assistant at BBBSKC of any changes to your event promotion throughout the duration of the time indicated in your application.
5. Within 60 days following the completion of your event, proceeds must be received by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City. Proceeds should be mailed or delivered to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City
Attention: Third Party Fundraising
1709 Walnut Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
BBBS Event Assistance
BBBSKC Special Events Staff is happy to provide the following to help ensure your event is successful:
-Advice on program/event planning
-A copy of our logo
-Event promotion through our internal networks such as our website, social media and weekly update newsletter on a case by case basis.
-Attend the event, as schedule permits
BBBSKC Special Events Staff is unable to:
-Provide funding or reimbursements for expenses
-Guarantee attendance of staff or volunteers at the event. However, we will do our best to attend the event. This will be on a case by case basis and discussed with the Special Events team.
-Assume any type of liability for your event.
Right to Withdraw
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City may at any time withdraw the right to use its name for fundraising or other purposes if the Special Events Staff at BBBSKC deems that the quality of the event is or will be injurious to the Big Brothers Big Sisters name. If this happens, the event in its' name and all such activities shall cease and be discontinued.
List ideas for third party events
Don't be afraid to be creative and make an event your own. However, if you're stumped and need some ideas, please check out the list below. Third party events can be as simple as a jeans day at work to a more involved event such as a golf tournament or 5k. As always, please do not hesitate to contact BBBSKC staff with any questions or for guidance.
Silent or Live Auction
Jeans Day at Work
Penny or Change Drive
Pictures with Santa
Calls from Santa
Murder Mystery Dinner
Ice Cream Social
5k, 10k or Marathon
Donations in Lieu of Wedding Gifts
Sporting Events & Tournaments
Declutter for Kids (Clothing Drive)
If you are unable to host your own third party event but are able to help at other events, please contact Hannah@bbbskc.org to be put on our volunteer list and we will contact you as things become available.
For more information about third party fundraising please contact: