Become a Part of Our Team
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology. Every day, We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBSKC staff is 6 years. BBBSKC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBSKC offers competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees.
We value overall wellness and offer a comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off, medical, dental, and vison insurance options, as well as a rewards program and a 401k match option. Scroll down to see our current openings.
Bilingual Brand Ambassador (Spanish)
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Bilingual Brand Ambassador is a full time non exempt position that is focused on greetings and generating new contacts for all agency departments by sharing, representing, and promoting the BBBS brand and mission. This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service through living the mission of BBBSKC with every interaction and will work closely with multiple departments to achieve maximum representation across the metro area.
Show DetailsHide Details
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and generating new contacts for multiple departments to assist with driving and attaining department and agency goals.
- Represent and promote the organization at a variety of events, throughout the Kansas City Metro, to obtain new leads, contacts and partners.
- Promote and assist with diversity, equity and inclusion efforts for the organization.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers and partners.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure the agency is consistently represented by engaging in the following: attending community and organizational meetings and fairs, lead corporate lunch and learns, set up a BBBSKC booth to interact with the public, take 1-1 meetings with individuals who want to learn more about the organization, etc.
- Network, build rapport and positive relationships with all internal and external customers and partners to recruit and retain contacts and grow partnership opportunities, including, local businesses, association memberships, corporate partner and agency events, local chambers, diversity focused affinity groups, etc.
- Cultivate relationships to educate prospective contacts about the variety of ways they can support BBBSKC.
- Responsible for keeping up on trends that affect our community, including diversity, equity and inclusion, fundraising, and child/volunteer recruitment.
- Organize and conduct 1-1 and group volunteer program introductions, lunch and learns, information sessions, and orientations as needed.
- Maintain a positive image of the brand at all times.
- Seek out opportunities to connect different groups, individuals, and corporations to BBBSKC.
- Process and follow up with all new leads.
- Flexible to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who demonstrates a passion for connecting and networking in the community. This person will have outstanding customer service skills and is comfortable speaking in front of a crowd, large or small.. The position requires the ability to work autonomously, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum one year of customer service, sales or marketing experience, two years preferred
- Experience in nonprofit and/or recruiting strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently required
- Experience working with diversity and inclusion initiatives preferred
- Experience in marketing and networking preferred
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow. We offer an employee wellness program and professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
38,000 - 42,000 annually, based on experience
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Kimberly Rudler, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids and teens who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,200 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol.
BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include: NAIA Company of Character, Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit, and the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit to Work for in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.