Become a Part of Our Team
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology. Every day, We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City offers a flexible work environment that is upbeat and fun. The average tenure of BBBSKC staff is 6 years. BBBSKC was named by NP Times as one of the best nonprofits to work for. BBBSKC offers competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City is recognized as one of the top BBBS agencies in the country and as one of the most impactful non-profit agencies in Kansas City. The agency is home to nearly 50 dedicated employees, more than 1400 volunteer mentors, and hosts more than 2500 visitors every year. The Office Manager position is designed to support the agency’s operation and continued growth through providing strong customer service to external stakeholders and exceptional operational support to internal staff members. This person reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Show DetailsHide Details
1) Serve as primary agency receptionist and point of contact for all in office visitors
2) Provide exceptional customer service to all office visitors and callers
3) Managing the office to ensure a clean, welcoming environment
4) Plan and coordinate logistics for board meetings, staff meetings, committee meetings, lunch and learns and BBBS events
5) Record minutes, distribute meeting materials, set up room, coordinate hospitality supplies and other tasks related to meeting organization
6) Working with the operations staff to manage all office equipment and supplies, including phone systems, copier/fax, postage machine, ordering office related supplies, and coordination of all such vendor contracts.
7) Working with the operations staff to identify vendors to address office concerns/needs
8) Manage daily mail process including routing mail, preparing cash and check log for donations, and other payments/expense distributions as received
9) Work with the operations staff to handle all tasks associated with facility management.
10) Update and create digital marketing to play on 20 TVs throughout the agency
11) Provide administrative support to executive staff
Bachelors degree preferred, but relevant experience can be substituted. Candidates must have and demonstrate a passion for the BBBS mission. Preferred candidates will have experience managing an office, great people skills, the ability to manage tasks and competing time demands, an understanding and interest in technology, and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, stakeholders, clients, families, and volunteers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT:
Applicants, as well as employees who are or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
DIgital Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about social media and email marketing? Do you love storytelling? Does the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters resonate with you? If this rings true, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City has an immediate opening in the marketing department as a Digital Marketing Manager. We are looking for the perfect fit for our team. In order to succeed candidates must be creative, hard-working, talented and fast paced.
The Digital Marketing Manager is an integral part of the Marketing team reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. The Digital Marketing Manager works with the Marketing team and under the leadership of the CMO to develop digital marketing strategies to grow the brand of BBBSKC, recruit more volunteers, raise more money and communicate effectively to our current supporters. The Digital Marketing Manager coordinates communications, story telling and marketing through the planning, implementation and tracking of digital marketing campaigns across all channels for every department at BBBSKC.
Show DetailsHide Details
- Plan and execute all web, SEO, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Create and implement a digital marketing strategy for the BBBS Donation Center.
- Support each department’s digital marketing needs (Program, Recruitment, Events & Development)
- Brainstorm new and creative digital marketing growth strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize the user experience by creating landing pages, and donation, registration, and contact forms.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Manage our content creation strategy.
- Become our professional storyteller by finding stories and writing compelling articles that result in better brand awareness.
- Coordinate and implement communication strategies between the agency and its donors, volunteers, parents, children and overall followers.
- Attend events to create buzz-worthy content for digital platforms, interview current Bigs and Littles to get stories.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
- Two-four years experience in communications or marketing.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite on a Macintosh platform.
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Email marketing experience a plus.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time and work on tight deadlines.
- Willingness and desire to stay on top of advancing trends.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to Kristi Hutchison, Chief Marketing Officer: Kristi@bbbskc.org. Resumes will be accepted until April 2. No phone calls please.
Savers Clothing Donation Pick-Up Driver
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Pick up donations on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City. Drivers are responsible for completing daily residential collection routes.
Show DetailsHide Details
Ability to operate a 16' box truck and daily functions include truck inspections, mapping, picking up and moving large and odd shaped items weighing up to 70 pounds. In addition, this role will require accurate record keeping of route data, driver's log, and truck maintenance records.
Strong working knowledge of managing a cell phone for communications and operating GPS tools. Competitive pay, eligible for benefits after 2 months. Fun group of people to work with! Employment is conditional on receiving a DOT Medical Card, MVR without violations or accidents within the last three year, Background Check, & Pre-Employment drug test.
We participate in E-Verify. Only serious applicants should apply.
Apply at www.savers.com/careers - Search jobs - Keyword - IRC4146 - Job Category - Supply Chain - Location - Kansas City, MO - Distance from location - 10 miles - click search. The opening will be displayed to submit your application.